My wife, Brenda, and I have been married since 1976 and have lived in Springfield and Greene County for more than 30 years. We have two daughters, a son-in-law, and two grandsons, Wyatt and Aiden. Springfield and Greene County are home, and I’m committed to making it the best place possible for those little boys as they grow up - and for you and your family as well.
You could say that service is in my DNA. I feel most fulfilled when I am serving and helping to make government more accessible and understandable to the people it serves. As Presiding Commissioner, I believe that what determines success is ultimately steady, hard work. I’ve gained the experience needed to serve as Presiding Commissioner over many years of hard work. First as a cop, driving through city streets and doing my best to keep citizens safe. That experience led me to further training in criminal justice, where I earned a Master of Arts degree in Criminal Justice and Sociology, and had the opportunity to teach at the university level for 24 years. Throughout this time I was also able to run two successful companies, Robert Cirtin Investigations, LLC and Safe at Church, LLC.
I founded Robert Cirtin Investigations, LLC in 1991 to provide investigative and consulting services to government agencies, businesses insurance companies and law firms. Safe at Church was founded in 2006 after I recognized the need to provide church leaders and religious organizations with consulting services related to the crucial areas of church safety and security.
The safety of churches and religious organizations is a passion of mine, and I want to equip pastors and leaders with the skills necessary to ensure the safety of its members. To this end, I have published a book titled Church Safety and Security, A Practical Guide, authored several articles, and contributed to several newspaper articles around the country on this subject.
Community service is what drives me, but a main source of my motivation comes from two energetic, smart and silly boys – my grandsons, Wyatt and Aiden. There is nothing better than spending time with two of my best buddies.
I’m easy to reach and ready to respond.
Bob Cirtin, Presiding Commissioner
Greene County Works… because of people like you!
Bob is dedicated to serving our community and is passionate about getting involved with the great things happening here in Greene County. Below are the boards he currently serve on as we collaborate together to make Greene County a great place to live, work and play!
- Springfield Area Chamber of Commerce
- Springfield Business Development Corporation
- Ozarks Transportation Corporation, chairman
- Missouri Association of Counties
- Council of Local Elected Officials, chairman
- Springfield Convention and Visitors Bureau
- Springfield Downtown of Champions
- Ozarks Headway, vice chairman
- Partnership Industrial Center West, vice chairman
- Community Leadership Forum
- Greene County 100 Club
- United Way board of directors
- County Commission Association of Missouri
- Springfield Metro Partnership
- Tax Abatement and Tax Increment Financing Advisory Commission
- Barons Club
- Republican TARGET organization
- Greene County Planning and Zoning
- Board of Adjustment
- Good Community
- Trunk Radio System committee, Chairman
- Ex Officio member of the Committee to shape grandsons Wyatt and Aiden
Rotary of Springfield Southeast
Missouri Community College Association
American Criminal Justice Association
Missouri Association of State Troopers Emergency Relief Society (MASTERS)
Missouri Farm Bureau
National Rifle Association (NRA)